Monday, February 9, 2009

Wide Awake!

OK so I've been wide awake since 3 am, it's now almost 6. Should I try going back to bed? Or should I make my way to the kitchen to make a pot of coffee? I think the latter is the one I'll end up doing. And why am I awake you might ask yourself?
Well lest see was it…
A: Noel’s pulse ox probe going off because her O2 was dropping; looks like I didn’t get her liquid oxygen filled in time (Reminder of a phone call to make today.) So I had to connect her to a portable O2 Canister. Alright fixed that now back to sleep.
Nope; now it seems that her pulse ox doesn’t want to “pick up” at all and after 5 minutes of beep beep beeep beeeep beep I threw in the towel, I know she has O2 so she should be ok. Back to sleep…
But then there was…
B: Now Noel’s Vent needs it’s own turn to torment me with Alarms, more beep beep beeep this time it’s low pressure because when Noel’s sleeps she get’s really comfy and lets all of the air come out of her nose and mouth. Ok reposition Noel; check… adjust the vent settings; Check. Now I can go back to sleep…
Nope...
C: right when I fall back to sleep, Noel’s feeding pump alarms me right out of sleep yet again. Turn that off, ok back to sleep… Now I’m just laying here thinking of all the things I don’t want to be thinking about right now, worrying about things I have absolutely no control over in the dead on night. Fine I throw in the towel (yet again) and decided to at least get out of bed (it's only 3 am why not?) Maybe I can do something productive. other than tossing and turning. Looks like I’ll get to watch the sun-rise, it’s something I’ve been meaning to do for awhile! Maybe tonight night I’ll catch some zzz’s?
P.S. Jen I know you’re probably thinking wait a minute Tina got more sleep this one night than I’ve gotten in forever… Sorry; Here’s to hoping that you can catch some zzz’s tonight too!

5 comments:

Jenny&Liberty said...

I hope you get to catch up on your sleep tonight. I think sometimes its good to be awake all alone so you can have that quite time to pray and read your bible. I love being up before anyone else. Its theriputic. I think about you guys alot. We are still praying for you. You are an amazing mother.

Dana said...

Hope tonight goes better for you. Don't you just want to throw the pulse ox out the window half the time? I know I do. Take a nap with her today.

Faith said...

LOL- oh no Tina.. I am sorry it's happening to you too. I usually just go for the coffee. We joke that one day we're going to fill a drip bag with some java so we can have a steady stream- day and night! ;) That and I catch up on everyone's blogs. :)

Where's the 5th Twilight book when you need it, eh?

Wishing you a restful night,
Jen

PS: What a sad world we live in when your child DOES sleep but all the junk that comes with them keeps you up....this is what the "outside" world doesn't see.

Natalie Willis said...

Hi Tina,
I was so touched by what you wrote on Mandy's blog. Thank you so much for your kind words!

I feel your pain on the insomnia! Sleep is a fleeting wish in my house too.

Noel is a beautiful little girl with an extraordinary momma behind her!

I will keep you all in my prayers and have bookmarked your site.

Keep hoping and being strong!

Love,
Natalie
www.believeinmandy.blogspot.com

Alicia said...

Oh Tina, that just stinks. I agree with Jen. How bad is it that your kiddo is sleeping but her machines aren't? I hate that! Jeremy's solution is to take them to the shooting range and blow the dookie out of them! ;)

Good luck with sleep tonight.

Alicia


Steps for Noel

My feet were burning, the sweat started to drip into my eyes and my throat was as dry as a desert; but I didn’t even care. No pain or discom...

Popular Posts