Monday, April 6, 2009

The post I didn't want to write...

So from the title you can imagine that this is not going to be a very happy post. I finally got in touch with Noel's GI Doctor this morning because yes her symptoms are getting worse...again. She has been retching at least every 30 min since yesterday, the last time I feed her was yesterday at 11:00am and this morning she is still retching and she has ton's of gastric out put coming out of her stomach. When I say retching I mean full body, tongue out, saliva pooling retching. Poor little girl she has been sleeping all morning, the retching is wearing her out. So back to the discussion with the Doctor; he told me again that it sounds like she may have Chronic Intestinal Pseudo-Obstruction and he told me for the third time she may need a transplant. This word has been brought up a number of times during all of our hospital stays, instead of saying it... I was hoping it would go away. I was hoping that things would get better... I was hoping I didn't have to tell you that Noel might need an intestinal transplant. But that's where things stand right now, she may need one. Our trip to Ohio probably won't bring us the answers we would hope for, they'll probably only answer the question of does she need a transplant? Granted we are still months away from a decision and months away from a surgery but I just wanted to share this new information with you and ask for your prayers.
Tina

10 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh Tina, I am so sorry. You and Noel are of course in my prayers. Please let me know if there is anything more I can do for you.

Love,

Alicia

HeatherP said...

We will be praying for you and our sweet little girl for sure. I wish that there was more that I could do to help.

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness, I don't know what to say except I'll continue to pray.

Natalie Willis said...

Prayers, love and hugs coming your way.
Love,
Natalie
www.believeinmandy.blogspot.com

Ann said...

Tina, I'm so sorry to hear this. Poor Noel, she's been through the wringer for sure. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Heather said...

Lots of prayers and love coming your way.

Love,
Heather

John and Jenna Gensic said...

Sorry you received such frustrating news. You are in our prayers.

Jenna, John, and Mikan

Dana said...

Tina, I am sorry. We will sure keep praying for you all.

The Shinnicks said...

Praying for you all! Love you both.

Carolee said...

I am so sorry you got such tough news. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you both.


Steps for Noel

My feet were burning, the sweat started to drip into my eyes and my throat was as dry as a desert; but I didn’t even care. No pain or discom...

Popular Posts