Sunday, November 2, 2008

Some days...

Some days it all catches up with me, some days I realize just how much I deal with and how much I’ve had to learn. Some days I grasp the fact that I am a 24 hour nurse; I’m on call all the time, ready to resuscitate my patient any time any where, my patient, my daughter. Some days I think wow I really am a respiratory therapist, I know more about this ventilator then some of the professionals that come into contact with it. And some days I realize that I’m sad. Today is one of those days where I realize that I am sad. It’s in the little moments, watching kids play at the mall, drink a bottle or run and shriek through the house that awakens my sadness. Will Noel ever be able to play like other kids, will she be able to eat on her own and the one that has been the hardest recently WILL SHE EVER WALK? It’s a question that I thought I knew the answer to before January and that answer was no. Now I don’t know; she is doing so much better but unfortunately her underling muscular condition is a very grim reality, her body’s muscles are wasting away. But has she gotten better? Will her muscle continue to get better? Will she walk? I thought I was ok with the fact that she may never walk, but am I? Can you ever really be ok with the fact that your child won’t be able to dance? Run? WALK?? The answer is no, I don’t think it’s something that you can ever just get over or not let bother you. I am so grateful for how far Noel has come and what a perfect angel she is, it’s just some days; some days are a little bit harder than others.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

I'm sorry you're having one of those days. Sometimes it is really hard. Hard to try to look into the future and wonder what she'll be able to do or not be able to do.

Hang in there Sister,

Alicia

Ann said...

Tina,
The sadness can be overwhelming at times. You never know when it will creep up on you. I'm glad you have a place to share your feelings and friends who understand. Some days are just tough and it's important that you recognize what an accomplishment it is just to get through those days.

Give yourself a hug, you are doing a great job with Noel. It's okay to look into the future, but when it starts to overwhelm you, step back and take it one day at a time.

xoxo
Ann
(Jack's mom)

Dana said...

Tina,
Those some days can be expected. You've lost what you thought was normal. I agree with Ann take it one day at a time. Remind yourself of where you've been. We never know what tomorrow can hold. Noel is a beautiful child. I wish I was there to give her a big squeeze. She radiates pure love. You can just see it over her whole being. Your doing a wonderful job!

Serena Abdelaziz said...

{Hugs} I am sure you still have those days!! The sadness...I am glad the Lord can embrace you. Much love...


Steps for Noel

My feet were burning, the sweat started to drip into my eyes and my throat was as dry as a desert; but I didn’t even care. No pain or discom...

Popular Posts