Friday, October 31, 2008

Frugal Halloween Wings


Ok so I’ve been on a frugal a kick for a while and you know what it actually pays off! So for Halloween this year Noel is going to be a bumble bee (thanks to a hand my down costume form a friend). I realized she needed wings, I looked at the store and they’re really expensive seeing as how a two year old is only going to keep her wings on for a few minutes. I started to think about how I could make wings myself and this is what I came up with:
So I started with a mesh laundry hamper,

And some black sparkle yarn
(Thankfully I had some left over from a scarf I never made!)

Then I cut off the handles, sewed the yarn around the outside of the basket,
cinched the wings in the middle, and reattached the handles for arm holes.


And whola Home made wings!!
(I'll put more pictures when she has her whole costume on.)


They were super easy to make and I felt like I made a some what home made costume!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

If only I had your talent. We paid $10 for Marissa's wings and halo alone!! (not to mention the devil part of her costume)

Those wings look great... way to go!!

Alicia

Faith said...

You are so thrifty!! You didn't buy that hamper at wags did you? ;) Noel is the cutest little Bee I've ever seen.

Happy Halloween to you too!

Jen :)

Janay said...

Those are the best wings I've seen! How creative to turn a laundy hamper into bumblee bee wings, can't wait to see the whole thing :0) Hope ya had a great Halloween!

Janay


Steps for Noel

My feet were burning, the sweat started to drip into my eyes and my throat was as dry as a desert; but I didn’t even care. No pain or discom...

Popular Posts