Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It's amazing the feeling that comes with being understood. We had a picnic on Sunday with some amazing families who's children also have trachs. I felt so normal for those three hours, I didn't have to explain anything to anyone I was just understood. All the kids had lunch together, tubes and formula was on the menu. I was even able to share my homemade formula recipe with the other moms, something that is usually useless in any other conversation. This was my first experience of a support group and now I understand why they are so important:
1. Sometimes it seems like not even doctors, the ones who are suppose to know everything, don't truly understand what you go through or what you're trying to tell them, but when you get around other people who live what you live day in and day out they can't help but understand you.
2. I think it helps to ground all of us and help us reflect on the journey we walk everyday. I looked around at all the other families there with so much respect and I feel honored to be a part of such a unique group of people. I also feel so blessed to be able to meet all these incredible children, they truly are special and you can't help but notice when you get to be around their sweet spirits!









3 comments:

Alicia said...

Tina, you are so sweet! And you and Scott have done such an amazing job taking care of Noel. She is too cute!

I am so glad we got to feel "normal" with you on Sunday! We look forward to meeting up with you again soon.

God Bless,

Alicia

HeatherP said...

Let me just say, we miss you girls. I am horrible at goodbye's, so I apologize. It's wonderful that you have met new people that you feel comfortable around. You girls look so happy in your pictures, I eagerly await your next blog!
Heather

Dana said...

Tina,
Good for you all to get to be together. I'm jealous. I wish I was closer and could meet all of you as well. You're doing stuff I bet you never thought you could handle. Way to go!


Steps for Noel

My feet were burning, the sweat started to drip into my eyes and my throat was as dry as a desert; but I didn’t even care. No pain or discom...

Popular Posts