Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Steps for Noel


So on Labor Day we ran our 3rd race together; 
a 10K. My plan was for us to conquer a 10K 6 months, 
turns out we did it in 3 weeks.  Around mile 5
 I was encouraging my son. "Hey buddy you can do it!
 Think about Noel we're taking all the steps that she 
was never been able to." No sooner did I say those words 
then did that realization
 actually hit me and I started bawling. 
In the middle of mile five I was a mess of tears and emotions. 
There we were, 9 years since Noel has been able to walk 
and we're taking steps for her. That realization was both 
painful and heart warming. My oldest daughter asked, 
"Mom are you ok?" Yes I thought; yes I am.
 It's just the loss of a child's ability is something 
you never, ever get over; you just learn to deal 
with it, to overlook it as much as possible. 
But there will always be moments where the 
truth of that loss hits you in the gut and brings you to tears. 
I'm just glad that this time, when the revelation hit me 
that my daughter can not walk,
I was holding her hand while my husband pushed 
her toward the finish line. 
We will continue to run these races and do 
our best to never take for granted the gift we 
have of being able to walk and run. 
I hope this will inspire you to get out and if 
you're able to walk or run, do it. 
And if not for you do it in honor of those 
who can't run but would if they could. 
If you would like to join us in trying to reach our 
goal of the 50,000,000 steps that Noel has 
missed out on then like our Facebook Page and 
add you steps for Noel!  

https://www.facebook.com/stepsfornoel/posts/299310900846612?notif_id=1536187819280826&notif_t=page_post_reaction

No comments:


Steps for Noel

My feet were burning, the sweat started to drip into my eyes and my throat was as dry as a desert; but I didn’t even care. No pain or discom...

Popular Posts