Saturday, August 4, 2018

True Beauty



One thing I have been so blessed to see on my journey around my figurative “Mountain” is the amazing beauty there is to behold. My “Mountain” is the disease I watch torment my daughter; Muscular Dystrophy. Today, however, was one of those moments of beauty that I wouldn’t be able to experience if I wasn’t on the Mountain. We went to Noel’s 5th Colorado Angels Pageant. These Pageants are labors of love put on by other amazing mothers who have children with special needs. It is a day to lavish love, praise and attention upon these amazing children who are fighting amazing battles. 
My heart burned with love and admiration as I saw little girls sing, dance and perform as though they had no care in the world. I was also moved by the love and selflessness of the siblings of these awesome kids. Their siblings are Angels in their own right; they sing and dance along stage with their sisters, they put tiaras on their heads and they love them so well.

The World tells us what It thinks beauty is; But I think true beauty is rising above hard circumstances, I think true beauty is smiling in the face of despair, I think true beauty is dancing, singing and smiling NO MATTER WHAT. I am blessed, touched, and humbled 
at the amazing display of True BeautyI got to see today.  

No comments:


Steps for Noel

My feet were burning, the sweat started to drip into my eyes and my throat was as dry as a desert; but I didn’t even care. No pain or discom...

Popular Posts