Thursday, March 5, 2009

Update

Sorry to leave you hanging. Yesterday was a very hard day. Noel was in a lot of pain because of the chest tube; every time she took a deep breath she could feel them. We had her on lots of pain medicine and by the afternoon she was feeling a little better. I was super tired too so I didn’t get much done. This morning they took out her left chest tube, which was another very painful procedure, but with the help of pain meds she did alright. Her right chest tube (the right side is where the nick of her lungs happened) is still in and they’re still suctioning the air out. Hopefully the right chest tube will come out in the morning. As for the Broviak, the surgeon couldn’t find Noels sub-clavicle vein on either side of her chest; which means that Noel’s vascular structure is different than most peoples. The surgeon had no choice but to put the Broviak in her right thigh; it’s not the most ideal spot but it will work. We have a care conference scheduled for Monday to meet with all her doctor is one spot to see where we go from here. Thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers,
Tina

6 comments:

Alicia said...

Well, I'm glad I didn't come up. I'm getting worse by the minute.

I'll keep praying for you guys,

Alicia

Dana said...

Praying! (HUGS)

Dustin said...

Way family~
This is Dustin Miller I am an old friend of Scotts, my mom bonnie got this site from carol and I wanted to stop by and see noel. So sorry to hear the news, I hope that she gets better soon. My wife
Leah and I will keep her in our thoughts and prayers!
Dustin and Leah

HeatherP said...

Love you guys, wish there was something we could do to help. I finaly got a new computer yesterday-so I will be in touch more. You are in our thoughts and prayers everyday. Give Noel our love.
Heather

Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann said...

Still thinking of you and I hope Noel is making some positive progress. Tina, you must be utterly exhausted! Many {{hugs}}


Steps for Noel

My feet were burning, the sweat started to drip into my eyes and my throat was as dry as a desert; but I didn’t even care. No pain or discom...

Popular Posts