Friday, July 15, 2011

A few Reflections...


Wow what a whirlwind of emotion these past 8 days have been. I have a moment to write while Noel is sleeping soundly in her bed in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. It will take awhile to fully write about all the things the Lord has put on my heart during this admission; I still haven't fully processed through everything our family has been through. For me writing is very therapeutic; it helps me put words to all the emotions I've been going through. First and foremost I have to say THANK YOU; thank you to every single one of you. My heart is so grateful for each and everyone of you. I am overwhelmed by the out-poor of support and love that has blanketed us through this rough time. Thank you for taking to the time and prayer for my sweet children, all of them; Noel, Lilly and Landen. Thank you for praying for Dustin and I to keep walking through this together. Thank you for the visits, the phone calls, the cards, the care packages, the encouraging words; we've needed every single one of these things in order to get through and to keep making it through. I'm now almost five years into this journey of raising a medically fragile girl and believe me, it doesn't get any easier. I know the routine I know the "language" to be able to communicate with the doctors; but seeing your child in pain and upset never gets any easier. Not knowing when you're going to leave the hospital and if you'll be leaving with your daughter is a constant test of Faith. Being able to continue with little sleep, sometimes no shower and no privacy is a testament of God's Grace. And to have wonderful people to help bless and care for us is proof of God's Love. The biggest thing I want to say to all of you is; "Don't sweat the small stuff," I know that's so cliche and I'm even trying to hold true to that, but it's so true. Don't let little things steal your perspective or your thoughts. Enjoy life, Christ died so that we could have life to the fullest! Not so we could complain, be frustrated, feel overwhelmed, be discouraged. His Grace is in all things, please let my family and our situation speak that to you. His Grace is sufficient for all of us, NO MATTER WHAT! I love you all so much and I have much more to say but just had to start somewhere. Have a blessed weekend,


Tina

1 comment:

Jenny&Liberty said...

Tina,
I didn't now that Noel was in the hospital again. I will be praying for you and your family. Your life is such an amazing testimony to me and I know to those around you.


Steps for Noel

My feet were burning, the sweat started to drip into my eyes and my throat was as dry as a desert; but I didn’t even care. No pain or discom...

Popular Posts