Saturday, August 1, 2009

Back in the Hospital

Noel's been in the PICU for a couple days, she was admitted with high fevers; 103 for two days. They have cultured everything they can and so far nothing is growing and there is nothing to explain the fevers. Noel and I are so over this in-and-out of the hospital every couple of weeks... it gets so wearing. Please pray hard for Noel to start tolerating food in her stomach; if she didn't have a central line for her TPN we wouldn't have to be in the hospital so much. That's the new goal and plan.... food through Noel's tummy. God has been showing me so much through this last hospital episode that I need to give my trust and faith back to Him, I've started listening too much to "the doctors" and I've forgotten to listen to myself; sure they know a lot but they don't know everything and especially when it comes to Noel, they're not the experts I am. So please pray for her... maybe every time you eat you'll think of Noel and remember to pray for her tummy to be healed! Thank so much for all your love and support,
Tina

4 comments:

Ayden said...

Oh Tina... I hope this is you LAST stay for a long time... yuck!!! It's so hard when they can't tolerate the food.
Sending some prayers your way!!
Dawn

Alicia said...

Tina,

I am so sorry Noel is having unexplained fevers. So frustrating!

I am praying as hard as I can for Noel to start tolerating her feeds. I commend you on taking back her care decisions. You know if/when she will tolerate something or not. Doctors are not paid for taking risks like that, and unfortunately that makes them usually err on the side of caution rather than what is best for the patient. Kuddos to you Sister!

Praying for you both my friend.

Dana said...

I will pray for you as well. That you can find the courage to express what you know about your daughter. Hoping you get out soon. Trust your instincts!

Heather said...

Many prayers coming your way. Keep your head up. It will get better. Trust God. Putting everything in his hands you will see results. Lots of love to you both.

Heather


Steps for Noel

My feet were burning, the sweat started to drip into my eyes and my throat was as dry as a desert; but I didn’t even care. No pain or discom...

Popular Posts